A delicious treat just in time for the holidays, thanks to cookbook authors, Lena Ferrara and Melinda Rapallo-Ferrara!
The beautiful red and green colours in this chocolate bark will put anyone in a festive holiday mood. It’s sweet, salty and crunchy, and the flavours compliment each other beautifully. You can make all sorts of varieties with your favourite fruits and nuts; this just happens to be our favourite. Kids can help with this recipe by adding the toppings!
Pistachio and Raspberry Salted Chocolate Bark
6 ounces (about ¾ cup) of dairy free chocolate chips
1 teaspoon of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
3 tablespoons of frozen raspberries
3 tablespoons of pistachios, roughly chopped
3 tablespoons of coconut chips
Coarse, unrefined salt for topping
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the chocolate chips and coconut oil to a double boiler on low heat. Gently stir until melted and smooth. (Make your own double boiler if you don’t have one. In a medium-sized pot, add two cups of water. Place a metal or glass bowl over the pot, making sure the bowl does not touch the water. Add the chocolate and coconut oil to the bowl and stir until melted).
- Remove from the heat and add the maple syrup.
- Spread the melted chocolate evenly onto your prepared baking sheet.
- Evenly sprinkle the raspberries, coconut chips, and pistachios over the chocolate.
- Sprinkle a few pinches of coarse, unrefined salt on top.
- Place in the freezer to set.
- Break into chunks and serve.
- Keep frozen until ready to serve. Chocolate Bark is best when served chilled and crisp!
About the Authors: Healthy Comforts: A Collection of over 150 recipes that are free of dairy, gluten, grains, soy and refined sugar is the first cookbook for the authors, Lena Ferrara and Melinda Rapallo-Ferrara. This cookbook was brought to fruition as a result of the authors’ personal health journeys, and includes gut-friendly alternative ingredients that align with a Paleo lifestyle. The recipes are easy to make and family friendly, demonstrating that we can still have our classic comfort foods without sacrificing flavour! Find out more at www.healthycomforts.ca