This recipe makes adorable little hot chocolate cookie cups. They can be decorated with mini marshmallows, crumbled candy cane, toffee bits, graham cracker crumbles or whipped cream! You’ll never have to decide between hot chocolate and cookies ever again. This recipe makes 24 cookie cups.
- 1 package of Sugar Cookie Dough or 1 batch of your favourite homemade dough
- granulated sugar
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons hot chocolate mix
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips or white candy melts
- 12 mini pretzels or 24 small candy canes
- 1 cup extra mini marshmallows (note – you can slice regular marshmallows into smaller pieces if you can’t find the really tiny ones)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll 1 Tbsp of cookie dough in the granulated sugar and place into a greased mini muffin tin. Note – there is no need to shape your dough into a cup shape, they will naturally make one as they cool after baking.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes and cool completely before removing from the tin.
- Make the ganache: Heat the whipping cream until boiling, add in hot chocolate mix. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips and let sit for 2 minutes, then stir to combine. Set aside.
- Make the cup handles: Break off the loops of mini pretzels or carefully cut the loop off mini candy canes. Melt the white chocolate and use it to attach the handles to the cups.
- Spoon in the chocolate ganache and top with the mini marshmallows.