Blueberry pink lemonade is the ultimate summer drink. Fresh, sweet with a sour twist. Yum! Make this for your next backyard barbecue or show up all the other lemonade stands on the block with this tasty treat.
photo credit: BC Blueberry Council / Tracey Kusiewicz
Blueberry Pink Lemonade
Makes 1 L
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- In 1-quart glass measuring cup, combine sugar, 2 tablespoons of the blueberries and 1/2 cup water.
- Microwave on high until hot, about 1 minute; stir until sugar dissolves. Alternatively, heat in a small saucepan.
- Add lemon juice, and enough water to make 1 quart; chill.
- Fill tall glasses with ice cubes, add chilled blueberry mixture and remaining berries, dividing equally. Garnish with lemon slices if desired.
- To make Blueberry ice cubes, place 3 berries in each of 12 ice cube cups. Fill with water and freeze. 36 berries equals about 1/4 cup.
Recipe courtesy of BC Blueberries