Lactose-free marble cheese gives these nachos all the melty, cheesy goodness anyone could want. Dip into lactose-free sour cream for an even more delicious bite. Normally served as a bar snack, nachos actually have enough protein and calories to count as a main course. This will quickly become your families new favourite dinner!
Lactose-Free Loaded Nachos
Serves: 8 | Ready in: 30 minutes | Skill levels: Easy
- 1 pkg (280 g) blue corn tortilla chips
- 3 cups (750 mL) shredded PC®Lactose-Free Marble Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced tomato
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced sweet yellow pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) roughly chopped, drained PC® Pickled, Sliced Jalapeño Peppers
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) PC® Black Label Smoky Chipotle Salsa
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) PC® Lactose-Free 14% M.F. Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F (1 90°C). Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange half of the tortilla chips in single layer on prepared baking sheet; sprinkle with half each of the cheese, tomato, pepper, onion, and jalapeño. Repeat layers.
- Bake in centre of oven 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and golden. Let stand 2 minutes then sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Recipe courtesy of President’s Choice