Intricately spiced with PC® Black Label Ras El Hanout Spice Blend and roasted until tender, this Moroccan-inspired vegetable side dish with accompanying sauces pairs perfectly with lemon-roasted chicken or lamb, or enjoy as a meatless main with couscous and wilted greens.
image via President’s Choice
Serves: 8 | Ready in: 45 minutes | Difficulty Level: Intermediate
Per serving: 170 calories, fat 13 g, sodium 280 mg, carbohydrate 9 g, fibre 3 g, protein 5 g
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) PC® black label Ras El Hanout Spice Blend
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) kosher salt
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) PC® New World EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium head cauliflower, leaves trimmed and bottom cut flat
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) tahini
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) PC® 1% M.F. Plain Yogurt
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) PC® black label Chermoula Bell Pepper Spread & Marinade
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped toasted pistachios
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) lightly packed cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Combine spice blend, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt and oil; set aside.
- Cook whole cauliflower in a large saucepan of boiling water just until tender but firm, about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain well; place cut side down in greased baking dish. Insert tip of a sharp knife into the top of the cauliflower in five random places. Brush spice mixture all over and into crevices.
- Roast in centre of oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned and tender. Meanwhile, whisk together tahini, 1/4 cup (50 mL) boiling water, lemon rind, lemon juice, garlic, 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt and pepper; whisk in 2 to 3 tbsp (25 to 45 mL) extra water to thin sauce until thin enough to drizzle if necessary. Set aside.
- Combine yogurt and chermoula spread. Drizzle spoonful each of chermoula sauce and tahini sauce over top of roasted cauliflower; sprinkle with pistachios and cilantro. Cut into wedges and serve with remaining sauces.