Brushed and baked with reserved oil, crisp baguette slices are topped with a zesty mixture of chopped Mediterranean-inspired ingredients, including PC® Black Label Grilled and Marinated Eggplant, Kalamata olives, fresh herbs and soft spreadable goat cheese.
image via President’s Choice
Serves: 24 | Ready in: 35 minutes | Difficulty Level: Intermediate
Per serving: 70 calories, fat 3.5 g, sodium 230 mg, carbohydrate 8 g, fibre 1 g, protein 2 g
- 1 350 g baguette
- 1 jar (350 mL) PC® black label Grilled and Marinated Eggplant, drained with oil reserved and finely chopped
- 5 PC® black label Piquillo Peppers, drained and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) minced red onion
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) finely chopped Kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) each chopped fresh mint and parsley
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Two-thirds 300 g-pkg PC® Soft Unripened Goat’s Milk Cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Cut baguette into 24 slices on a slight diagonal, each slice about 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick. Save remaining baguette for another use. Arrange slices on rimmed baking sheet; brush both sides with 3 tbsp (45 mL) of reserved oil. Bake in top third of oven until crisp, about 12 to 15 minutes, turning after 8 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool.
- Combine eggplant, peppers, onion, olives, mint, parsley, salt and black pepper in medium bowl.
- Spread goat cheese on crostini; top with a spoonful of eggplant mixture. Garnish with chopped fresh mint, if desired.